Sunday, January 1, 2012

Where does your family fit in to our community?

I've become aware in the past ten years that many streets are named after the first settlers of our community. Here are some names I will mention and you can leave a comment with the full details and I will add them. If these names were not the first, tell when they actually came to and where from.
Whiffin, Carroll, Bishop, Whalen, Walsh, Dykes, Bonnell, Caines, Rose, Bonia, Bennett, Pike-to name a few.

Here are some questions to help guide your information:
1. Who were the first, second, third and so on to come to the community or did all 25 families come at the same time?  It was written on Wikipedia that the 25 houses were ready for the new families. 
2. Who were these first 25 families? Dates of birth and which communities they hailed from would be helpful.  This will only be a compilation of statistics. I need to hear from one person in each family.
3. What are some stories of the first years of settlement? Have you written down what your parents or grandparents told you? Also, state if you give me permission to put it on this site. Also, if you have photos, please say that you give me permission to insert the photo on the site about your family.
4.Give details of number of children born, names of these children, who married whom, etc. All information is important in the writing of all of this down.

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  So far I've received no information, except for some phone numbers to call people to ask for details, which I plan on doing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment